Listing of Events in the Sippin’ Series is below:
Apr 22 – Delaplane, VA – Race Through Tuscany 5k & 1-Miler
Jul 4 – Fredericksburg, VA – 1781 Brewery 5k & 10k
Jul 21 – Leesburg, VA – Run Now Wine Later 5k & 10k
Oct 6 – Barboursville, VA – Five Oaks 5k
Nov 3 – Fredericksburg, VA – Wilderness Run 5k & 10k
Dec 23 – Afton, VA – Hunger Heroes 5k
4-5 more will be added soon!
What constitutes a Sippin’ Series event?
- It will be an event that is located on a winery, brewery, or cidery property.
- These events will include a FREE glass of wine/beer or a free tasting with registration (this can be found under the section labeled “Runners Receive”)
Why does it have its own series?
- We are currently working on 10-11 events to be included in the series so it makes sense to break these events off and highlight them.
Will these events count towards the original 5k, 10k, or Back of the Pack Series?
- No. they will not (except for the Apr 22nd event). We are just now making the announcement about the series, it would only be fair to those who had registered for series points. You should definitely do the Apr 22nd event as it will count for the regular series standings and the new Sippin’ Series
Which events will be included?
- The other races in the series will begin in July. You can denote these events by the red font at the top of the events that say “Points will go count for the Sippin’ Series.”
Does it matter if I do the 5k or the 10k? Do they count to the same points?
- Yes, they do. Throughout the series, there will only be a handful of events that are not 5ks, so we are including all 5ks, 10ks, halfs, etc into the same series points.
Will these events count towards the overall number of events for 2018?