Since the dawn of high-definition digitized media streaming, a need for the unique streaming device was felt just to connect manifold mobile devices to HDTV or Desktop PCs. Apart from this, it was also the need of time to have such device to initiate and control playback of internet-streamed audio/visual content on a high-definition television or home audio system through mobile and web apps, thus Chrome cast born.
Little History to Know:
- In the year 2013 such device came into the market for the first time. That was the 1st generation of Chromecast.
- Chromecast is a media streaming device to use the mobile devices like iPhone, iPad, Android phone and tablet, Mac and Windows laptop, and Chromebook into the HDMI port on your TV or into the HDMI port of the Desktop PCs with HDMI display and compatible monitor.
- Chromcast streams the most wanted TV shows, movies, music, sports, games and more in the big screen TV wirelessly.
- Since the overture of 1st generation Chromecast a lot of development took place in terms of performance, quality, add-on features etc.
- Chrome cast 2nd generation and Chromcast Audio came into being by 2015 followed by Chromecast Ultra amazon in the year 2016.
- Over the period, significant technical improvement has taken place only to make Chromecast more efficient.
Noteworthy Technological Improvement:
- Quality of Display changed rapidly from 1080p to 4k Ultra,
- Wi-Fi connectivity changed from 2.4 GHz to 2.4/5GHz.
- Dimension reduced and design became more sophisticated.
- Compatibility with a number of apps also increased
- software development kit (SDK) became more reliable and
- Media Casting became quicker and easy for a developer
Methods of Streaming Through Chromecast:
This tiny device supports different modes of media streaming/casting
- Through the mobile and web apps that support the Google Cast technology
- Through mirroring of content from the web browser Google Chrome enables running the same content on a personal computer
- The Chrome browser with the Cast extension running on a personal computer or on a tab with OS Android 4.4 or higher contents can also be mirrored
Chromecast Audio: Is there Any Difference:
- Streaming music over Wi-Fi from any mobile device like an Android phone or tablet, Mac or Windows laptop or Chromebook in a big speaker for better listening through chrome cast is a different experience.
- It will be ready for plug n play once the set up is complete.
- There is the need for pairing.
- Tapping the Cast button on the chromecast extension setup permits the user to control many functions like search, play; pause, queuing songs and turning up or down the volume right from phone wirelessly anywhere in the house.
- Casting songs or music from music services, radio stations and podcasts became easier now with the help of many apps.
Chromecast Video: How It is Useful:
- Chrome cast, let the user watch TV Shows, Films on the big screen TV from the internet.
- While streaming such videos through chromecast the phone only turns into a simple and powerful remote.
- Chromecast makes that easy to browse, queue and control the TV from anywhere in the home.
- Interestingly, using the phone for another purpose can be done simultaneously while streaming videos to TV using Chrome cast.
- It does not matter whether it is online or offline playing games from phones, tabs or laptop on the TV is now becoming more thrilling and enjoyable.
- Scheduling programs at your will are also possible with the help of Chromecast. Many free or paid apps like Netflix, HBO Now, Hulu, Google Plays.