We do not have time limits for any of our events, except for the Manassas Runway 5k/10k (as the airport must open back up).
We want to promote a healthy lifestyle and a fun, competitive race series for runners of all abilities.
– For runners who complete 12 of our events, we invite you to our FREE company’s lunch in January.
– For runners who complete 16 events, you receive our Dedicated Dozen running jacket.
– For runners who complete 20 events, you are entered into a raffle for a chance to win one of ten gift
certificates to be used towards one apparel item valued at $80 or under from Georgetown Running or VA Runner.
– For runners who complete 24 events, you are entered into a raffle for a chance to win one of ten gift certificates to be used towards
a custom fitting for a free pair of shoes valued at $160 or under from Georgetown Running or VA Runner.
Yes, we do with our race series. At the end of the year, our series winners receive cash prizes and a free invite to our company’s lunch in January.
We make a final decision on a race the day before the event. We do our best to host every event on schedule as planned. In the case of weather that prevents us from hosting the event, we will email the list of registered runners.
Yes, they do! We know runners love the bling!
We offer technical shirts at our events. For the kids, we offer cotton shirts.
See our sizing guidelines (used for a majority of our events)
Yes, starting in 2018, we are offering a five race package.
You can find more information and purchase the package here.
The Back of the Pack Series is new for 2018. We’re all runners, no matter how fast we are and we want everyone to have a chance to shine.
In the Back of the Pack series points will be awarded:
– For the first Male and Female over an 11min pace for an event under a 10k (6.2 miles),
you will receive 20 pts. 2nd place will receive 19 pts, 3rd = 18 pts, etc.
– For the first Male and Female over a 12min pace for 10+ mile events,
you will receive 20 pts as well. 2nd place will receive 19 pts, 3rd = 18 pts, etc.
Yes, we do. Each of our events is within a short walking distance, if not directly on-site.
Yes, we do. We love to help the running community provide quality events at reasonable prices.
You can contact Travis at BishopsEvents@yahoo.com for more information.
Runners are automatically entered into our race series upon completing an event. The top of the registration page will mention which series the points will count towards.
Runners are given points based on their finishing place by gender.
1st = 20pts, 2nd = 19pts, 3rd = 18pts, … 18th = 3pts, 19th = 2pts, 20th & after = 1pt.
Points will go to one of the five year-long series (5k, 10k, Endurance, Back of the Pack, & Kids). Points will also go to one of the seasonal/special series (Sippin’ Series, Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall).
For example, if you finish a 5k, your points will go to the 5k Series and the Back of the Pack Series.
The Sippin’ Series is for our events at wineries, breweries, and cideries. Runners will receive a free tasting or glass after
the event as part of their registration. Points from the Sippin’ Series are SEPARATE from the other series. If you complete a
Sippin’ Series event, it does count towards your yearly event totals (for the free lunch, free running jacket, etc.).
There is no Back of the Pack Series for the Sippin’ Series.
The Back of the Pack Series is for runners who average a 11+ minute mile for a 10k and less.
For an event of 10+ miles, the qualifying time is a 12+ minute mile pace.
5k = 34:10, 10k = 68:21, 10-Miler = 2:00:00, Half = 2:37:19
There is only one Back of the Pack Series. You can enter a 5k one week and a half marathon the next and those
points will be combined into one total. Offering a Back of the Pack Series for each distance would only complicate
things for the runners. We want to keep this new series, simple and exciting for our runners.
The Kids Series is designed for 1-Mile events for kids 14 & Under.
YES, they will. The 7k & 4-Miler distances will go to the 5k. The 13k & 15k distances will go to the 10k
Series. Anything 10 miles and longer will go to the Endurance Series. The Back of the Pack Series is eligible
for these events as well.
Any event 10 miles and longer counts to the Endurance Series. We offer Half Marathons, Marathons, 10-Milers
and a 20k within this series.
- Refunds are only available through our ticket protection program.
- Ticket protection is available for all of our races at a nominal fee and provides protection against illness/injury, traffic accidents, weather, family emergencies, military, jury duty, or work conflicts.
- We highly recommend it for all of our event, as life is always unpredictable!
- Transfers will be allowed up to 7 days before the event.
- Transfers can be made to another event or between participant.
- All transfers will require the runner to pay 25% of the new race registration fee.
- You will need to let us know which event you’re looking to transfer to, before we provide you with the code to register.